If you are a student pursuing a major in communications, public relations, agriculture, advertising or journalism and are looking for real-life experience, then the Missouri State Fair Marketing Internship may be for you! The ideal candidate is one who is passionate about creative communications, is detailed oriented, thrives under pressure and finds the opportunity in every challenge.
PAY AND BENEFITS
Beyond working on planning the Missouri’s Largest Agriculture Expo and developing an exceptional portfolio, our compensation package includes:
– This is an entry level position that pays minimum wage, currently $7.70/hour.
– Average of 32 hours a week & 40+ hours a week during the 11-day Fair. The Internship will begin June 1, 2018 and end August 19, 2018.
– Free housing can be included, which consists of one bedroom and bathroom.
– Limited meals may be provided during the 11-day Fair.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Duties may include:
– Media relations
– Special event planning
– Public relations activities including press release and e-blast writing
– Social media
– Communication with multiple publics including telephone, e-mail and direct mail correspondence
– Promotion materials design
– Distribution of promotional materials
– General office work
– Other duties as assigned
Please visit the Missouri Department of Agriculture website: https://agriculturemo.applicantpro.com/jobs/
Contact Kari Mergen, Marketing Director 660.530.5611
– All materials must be submitted by December 31, 2017
– Qualified applicants will be asked to participate in an interview on the fairgrounds and complete a writing and design exercise, as well as submit a portfolio of work
Job descriptions and information on how to apply can be found by visiting our website at http://www.mostatefair.com/employment/