Company: Nolan Office Interiors
St. Louis, MO 63127
Date: January 8, 2018
Title: Sr. Sales Representative
Reports To: Manager, Sales & Marketing
Nolan Office Interiors (Nolan) is an architectural (working through our state registered architects), interior design (certified IIDA members) and commercial furniture dealer headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Nolan was founded in 1982, has served 4,600 clients by designing contemporary commercial office designs and installations in more than 175 cities across America. Nolan is a multi-vendor (200+) and a turn-key solution provider. Nolan’s CEO and owner is Nathan Maurer and has a strategic vision and mission is to grow the business and expand into new markets with new products and services. This position is part of the strategy related to growing the company’s footprint across America.
Under new leadership, the company has re-defined its brand and created a comprehensive marketing plan that fits into today’s dynamic commercial office industry. With a new logo, new website, new marketing collateral and extensive use of CRM data bases to segment the territories into vertical groups, Nolan is reaching thousands of companies in each market, starting with the St. Louis region.
This is a full time position located in St. Louis, MO
Sales Representatives are responsible for all sales activities working with management, architects, interior designers, vendors, purchasing and installers to complete each client project. Sales Reps will be involved with lead generation through closing deals in an assigned territory. Develops and implements agreed upon Sales Plan, which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding the customer base in the defined market area. Works in a collaborative environment to achieve of customer satisfaction, revenue generation and long-term account goals in line with company vision, mission, values and goals/objectives.
· Responsible for B2B sales of Nolan products and services including commercial office space planning, design and installation of standard/custom office furniture that meet client needs.
· Demonstrates technical selling skills and product knowledge that allows the Sales Representative to give effective presentation of company products and services, while demonstrating the ability to carry on a conversation with business owners and decision makers.
· Develops annual territory business plan in conjunction with Management, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year that will focus on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
· Assists in the development and implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
· Complete understanding of company pricing and proposal models.
· Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale resulting in the taking of market share from competitors.
· Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business needs.
· Develops a database of qualified leads through sourcing referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on – business owners, CEOs, COO’s, CFO’s and facilities managers.
· Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects office needs and solutions available through the company.
· Works with management, interior designers, project managers, installers and suppliers to ensure each installation project is completed on time, within established budget and to the client’s complete satisfaction.
· Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory, including the use of computer software to maintain accurate records to maximize territory potential.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
· Prefer a hunter vs a farmer sales type.
· 8-12 years outside selling experiences.
· Knowledge of commercial office architecture, construction, interior design and furniture.
· Proven ability to close deals and meet quotas.
· Understands the role of marketing in lead generation and market branding.
· Strong understanding of the sales life cycle from product knowledge through prospecting to closing, and ending in delivery and successful completion of installation projects.
· Ability to work within a team leveraging knowledge and skills of architects, interior designers, purchasing, project managers, installers and vendor representatives.
· Demonstrates an outgoing and pleasant personality that people enjoy their presence.
· Someone that understands project objectives, deadlines and deliverables.
· A strong communicator with excellent presentation skills.
· Willingness to travel in assigned territory.
· Key competencies include – aptitude for sales, self-confidence, product knowledge, organized/ planner, territory manager, meeting sales quotas/goals, networking/prospecting, handling rejection, negotiation, closing deals, client relationships and customer service.
· Prefer Bachelors degree, but not required.
Send Resume To: Tom Taylor, Vice President