Reports To: Melissa Pitfield, Director – Marketing and Communications
As a Digital Channel Specialist, your goal is to continually expand and improve our customer’s digital experience. You continuously improve your craft by analyzing social media, website, and campaign metrics, as well as best practices that lead to conversions. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge and expertise in on-line research and growing our digital foot print. Your responsibilities will include the website, social media, in-bound campaign management, nurturing campaigns, PPC, SEO, and ecommerce in support of our corporate objectives.
The Digital Channel Specialist will help CSI identify optimal channels for digital deliverables to our target audience. You will research associations, online discussions and competitor web presence to understand weaknesses and opportunities and help mold the digital strategy. You will work to continually expand and improve our customers’ digital experience and would be working on things like building and coding email and landing page campaigns, managing weekly campaign management of AdWords, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
You will also contribute to maintaining excellence in CSI events, by assisting with seminars, shows and branch events. Your event experience and attention to detail will be leveraged for project management and even coordination.
As a part of CSI’s creative team you will be actively engaged in the company’s culture, committed to our core values, and have a passion for excellence in order to produce work that reflects the heart of CSI. A CSI employee is self-aware and open to coaching and learning.
Employee Core Value Vision:
- Goal setting (personal and professional)
- Recognizing failures and applying lessons learned
- Continuous personal and professional development
- Question and challenge the status quo when necessary
- Works well independently and as part of a team
The job functions listed are a guideline and may require updating as changes occur.
|· Work collaboratively with the Marketing and Sales to execute digital marketing strategy
· Build and code email and landing page campaigns using HTML, CSS, database segmentation and maintenance, perform quality assurance for all outbound campaigns
· Trouble shoots technical issues, email execution and prevent blacklisting
· Weekly campaign management of AdWords, LinkedIn, Social Media, Amazon and other outbound platforms including CSI website campaigns.
· Monitors, analyzes and reports on from outbound platforms and company website via Google Analytics and other reporting tools (SEMrush, Hotjar)
· Maintain and update company web properties
· Maintain a well-versed understanding of industry trends
· Provide event management and coordination including webinars, and in-person events
|· Comply with all federal, state and local laws applicable to position and employment generally
· Comply with all company policies, procedures and expectations to the benefit of the organization and co-workers
· Productively and positively contribute to our goal of maintaining a safe, healthy, productive and enjoyable workplace
· Performs other duties as assigned by the CEO and Creative Director
Education/Training: BSBA in Communications, Marketing, Computer Science or related field
Skills and Experience:
- 5-10 years of experience in marketing campaign execution, web maintenance and event management preferred
- Experience with Marketing Automation and ecommerce in B2B channels
- Knowledge of HTML, PHP, CSS, MS Office.
- Google Analytics and AdWords certification required; or must have ability to attain
- Strong technical ability to learn new programs and skills, adapt to changing environment and show attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) required
- Having a can-do attitude, willingness to learn and an ability to teach others is important
Characteristics of a CSI Employee:
Appearance: Personal appearance should be clean and tucked in, creating a display of pride in this area and the position.
Attention to Detail: Carefully and thoroughly finishes tasks accurately. Takes pride in work. Has a high opinion of the importance of this position. Strives for high quality.
Conscientious: Makes best use of resources and company tools. Thoughtful of others’ feelings and job requirements.
Cooperative: Able to settle differences between others by arranging for or bringing about, through discussion, settlement of terms by mutual concessions, when appropriate. Able to give and take, adjust differences and restore relationships. Diplomatic. Not obstinate, stubborn, unyielding or resolute, especially without good reason.
Decision Making Skills: Evaluates efforts of people. Determines causes of events and solutions. Makes sound judgements. Thinks clearly and logically. Sensible. Does not act too hastily or without due consideration.
Delegator: Able to choose correct person to empower and entrust with one of his or her responsibilities. Able to make requests, demands, give instructions and direct with authority. Receives respect.
Encourager: Inspires other with courage and confidence. Inspires and stimulates others by assistance and approval. Is eager to perform duties and optimistic about their outcome. Rallies, strengthens and emboldens others. Is not inactive, depressed, low in spirits, dejected or overly critical.
Fair: Proper under the rules. Adheres to what is honest, moral and just. Is objective, equitable, impartial, unprejudiced and unbiased. Does not violate the rights of others. Does not give undue weight to the personal feelings of one team member over another.
Initiative: Enjoys achieving and exceeding standards; sets goals above the standard. Ready and able to initiate action. Voluntarily attempts to solve non-routine job problems as they occur. Begins work on time.
Independent: Does not have to be controlled by others or subject to their authority in order to accomplish objectives or requests. Self-governing.
Innovative: Uses imagination and creativity to determine improvement in methods and procedures. Offers suggestions that improve productivity and/or the profit to cost ration.
Organized: Arranges environment in a systematic manner to achieve objectives. Willing to give ideas on how to better the system in place and help implement the idea.
Persistent: Determined to accomplish tasks or goals. Works through obstacles with little or no direction.
Stress Handler: Able to handle mental tensions, pressures, urgencies and important situations. Able to handle more than one important and urgent thing at a time and to prioritize them.
Time Manager: Controls, uses, and directs time well to succeed in accomplishing responsibilities. Able to set priorities. Must be accountable for your time.
Verbal/Nonverbal Communication: Expresses self in positive manner and interchanges thoughts, information and feelings orally. Pleasant. Agreeable and amiable in behavior and manner. Is considerate, courteous, respectable, and well-mannered. Kind. Is not hostile or harsh.
Written Communication: Expresses self in positive manner. Interchanges thoughts, information, and feelings effectively to customers, co-workers, and vendors.
More than 40 hours per week may occasionally be required in order to achieve the productivity necessary for this position. Overnight travel, Saturday, Sunday and holiday hours will occasionally be required.
This position requires the ability to interact with employees verbally and in writing, remain in a stationary position for 80% of the workday, have close visual acuity, and constantly operate a computer and other office productivity equipment, such as a phone, copy/fax/scan machine, computer keyboard and mouse with or without reasonable accommodation. This position also requires the ability to occasionally lift, stoop, bend, and lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
You will notice that the years of experience is 5-10. We are adjusting our requirements if we can find the right student who is bright, creative and is excelling academically in the areas of digital and social media marketing. We will consider upper (junior and senior) level students in a part time status with an interest in going full time upon graduation.
Apply at https://csicareers.silkroad.com