Marketing & Communications Intern
Strategic Communications & Outreach – Jefferson City, Missouri
Salary Range: $8/hour
Classification: Temporary Professional (Spring Semester)
Reporting Relationship: Assistant Commissioner for Strategic Communications & Outreach
Location: Jefferson Building, Jefferson City
- Update and maintain the department and Journey to College website and social media, including developing and scheduling content for several platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Promote Journey to College Outreach programs.
- Write/edit copy for department print and online publications, including press advisories, reports, news releases, and other communications pieces.
- Assist in special projects including creating videos, updating the department style guide, and collaborating with staff on a crisis communication plan.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space.
- Excellent writing skills and an eye for details.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Working toward a college degree in the field of marketing, communications, journalism, public relations, or a related field.
Apply online at: https://dhe.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=21
Please submit an application with a cover letter and resume. As part of the resume, please include a copy of your college transcripts and three samples of work. You may also send materials to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to P.O. Box 1469, Jefferson City, MO 65102. If special accommodations are needed to participate in the application process, please notify the human resource office at (573) 751-2361. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.