Title: Program & Marketing Internship
Reports to: Development Director
Concept: The Ozark Trails Council is looking for an enthusiastic intern to join our Program department and provide creative ideas to achieve strategic goals. The ideal candidate is currently enrolled in related coursework in a local university.
The program and marketing intern will collaborate with the Development Director to develop, implement, and maintain marketing and communication efforts with a target of 10-15 hours per week. This internship will provide experience in program development, event planning, marketing and communications, social media communication, volunteer management and more.
The Ozark Trails Council serves over 7,400 youth members across 31 counties in Southwest Missouri and Southeast Kansas with the help of over 2,700 volunteers
- Work with the Development Director and Council staff to develop and implement monthly newsletters to volunteers, donors, and Scout parents
- Maintain accurate information and content for the Council website
- Maintain accurate information and content for the online calendar
- Developing selected marketing materials for special events, activities, and programs with the Development Director and Council staff.
- Help organize special events and activities
- Assist in marketing and advertising activities and special events (e.g. social media, direct mail, website)
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- Professional attitude; self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Strong understanding of multiple social media platforms, and their marketing and advertising components
- Experience in photography, videography, and photo and/or video editing are preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Kurtis Grothoff, Development Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org