Work Location: Springfield Campus
Department: Learning Diagnostic Clinic
Hiring Range: $8.60/hr.
Department/Employer Operating Hours: Flexible
How many hours per week are required: 1-15
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must have a minimum GPA 3.0 (3.5 or higher GPA is preferred)
Tutors needed for these courses: MGT 340 and MKT 351
Description of Primary Duties:
Meet with college students diagnosed with learning disabilities or cognitive disorders on a one-to-one basis. Assist students on improving academic success by meeting with them on a regular basis to clarify learning problems and work on study skills. Other assistance might include: reviewing class material, discussing the text, predicting test questions, formulating ideas for papers, or working on solutions to problems. Tutoring is a supplement to classroom teaching. Tutors are not expected to know everything about the subject for which they tutor.
- Responsible, dependable, honest, and mature.
- Friendly, patient, and sensitive to a diverse population of students.
- Please write down all classes you feel comfortable tutoring including classes from the list below because you will be asked to list all classes in another question later during the application process.
- ACC 201-Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACC 211-Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BIO 101-Biology in Your World
- CHM 160-General Chemistry I
- CHM 161-General Chemistry I Laboratory
- COM 115-Fundamentals of Public Speaking
- ENG 110-Writing I
- GLG 110-Principles of Geology
- GRY 100-World Regional Geography
- HST 103-World History to Circa 1600 C.E.
- HST 104-World History Since 1600 C.E.
- HST 121-Survey of History of the United States to 1877
- HST 122-Survey of the History of the United States Since 1877
- MFD 306-Merchandising Mathematics
- MFD 307-Advanced Computer Imagery for the Fashion Industry
- MTH 103-Intermediate Algebra
- MTH 130-Contemporary Mathematics
- MTH 135-College Algebra
- PLS 101-American Democracy and Citizenship
- PSY 121-Introductory Psychology
- QBA 237-Basic Business Statistics
- SPE 310-Introduction to Special Education
- THE 101-Introduction to Theatre and Drama Arts
If you interested in applying, click here to apply!
For other questions, please contact Kerri Mothersead (Project Success Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 417-836-4787.