Company: Missouri State University Campus Recreation
Brief Company Description: The Graduate Assistant-Marketing is responsible for coordinating advertising, marketing, and promotions for Campus Recreation programs, events and services.
Job Description / Primary Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Campus Recreation website and keep up to date on website design and appearance.
- Develop and create a marketing plan to promote, enhance and develop interest in programs, services, and facilities offered by Campus Recreation.
- Coordinate with Campus Recreation Administrative Staff to assess marketing needs for all areas within Campus Recreation and seek feedback regarding print and web materials.
- Supervises the Public Relations, Web/Video, and Graphic Design student employees. Delegates tasks and provides timely feedback regarding performance and project deadlines.
- Keep current with computer technology and software including design software (i.e., WebPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and InDesign) needed to develop promotional materials both in print and digital media.
- Maintain inventory of printing supplies and equipment. Request supplies and/or equipment, as needed.
- Incorporate and maintain web and social media outlets (i.e. Facebook, Twitter) for promotions and advertising.
- Research and assist in the purchase of promotional items.
- Coordinate the distribution of promotional items, print and digital, across campus.
- Create and maintain connections with other university departments to present up-to-date information.
- Facilitate submissions to various Missouri State newsletters/blogs on behalf of Campus Recreation.
- Assist in the recruitment and hiring of marketing student staff as needed.
- Assist with special projects and other assignments as requested.
- Attend all required meetings: division and department-wide.
- Serve on internal and University committees, as needed.
- Must meet all requirements outlined in the Graduate Assistantship contract signed at the beginning of the year.
- Technological expertise, design experience, and experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Good communication, customer service, organization, leadership skills, and public speaking skills.
- Required to work 20 hours per week.
- Report to work two weeks prior to the start of the fall semester; report one week prior to the start of spring semester. Summer semester is not required, but highly encouraged.
Job Location: Springfield, MO
Start Date / End Date:
1st year – Fall & Spring semesters (9 month position)
2nd year – With positive review
Summer – Possible Employment
**October 4, 2019 first consideration of applicants. Position starts as student employee (start date October, 21) Graduate Assistantship term begins spring 2020.
Pay / Compensation: See site for stipend details: https://graduate.missouristate.edu/currentstudents/Assistantships.htm
If you are interested in applying, here’s how to apply:
Send Official Graduate Assistantship Application and Resume to:
Konya Knackstedt, Missouri State University/Campus Recreation
901 S National, Springfield, MO 65897
or email KonyaKnackstedt @MissouriState.edu