Department: Administrative Services (office)
Work Study Optional – You are not required to be a Federal Work Study Recipient to hold this position.
Job Title and Description/Primary Responsibilities: Student Office Assistant
The Student Office Assistant will help with the organization and running of daily administrative operations and serve as the first point of contact/receptionist for Administrative Services.
Will undertake a variety of office support tasks to include filing, proofreading, creating/editing spreadsheets.
Will be trained to assist the Coordinator of Space Management and the Graduate Assistant with the EMS scheduling software program. The ability to analyze problems and research resolutions is an essential component of this position. This Student Office Assistant position has the potential to transition into a Graduate Assistant position beginning in June 2021.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours.
- Accounting or Business majors preferred.
- Previous office experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office is required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate proper telephone etiquette.
- Must possess or be willing to learn operational knowledge of printer/photocopier equipment.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of filing procedures.
- Must be able to complete assignments with minimal supervision after initial training period.
- Ideal candidate will be a mature, self- motivated professional who is able to work diligently under pressure.
- Must be available to work during the summer.
- Appropriate office attire is required (i.e. as opposed to school attire.)
Approximately 20 hours per week. Work schedule can be created to accommodate class schedule. The position will begin in January 2021.
Location: Springfield Campus
Application Close Date: 11/25/2020
Resume must include three business or academic references.
Apply today by following this link: https://jobs.missouristate.edu/postings/51308
Submit all information on-line. Those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.