Company Name: Kauffman Center For The Performing Arts
Company Website: https://www.kauffmancenter.org/open-doors/internships/
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts’ vision is to enrich the lives of communities throughout the region, country and world by offering extraordinary and diverse performing arts experiences.
The Kauffman Center, home to resident organizations the Kansas City Ballet, Lyric Opera, Kansas City Symphony, and other innovative programming, embraces a variety of audiences with different tastes, interests and passions. At the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, everyone can have an opportunity to experience excellence.
Job Title and Description/Primary Responsibilities: Marketing Intern
- Assist with program marketing, communications and PR efforts for any upcoming Kauffman Center Presents performance and the Kauffman Center’s annual Future Stages Festival to be held virtually on June 12 and 13, 2021.
- Assist with multiple projects related to virtual Future Stages Festival, including grassroots marketing coordination, highlighting community partners on social media, photo/video highlights and promotion, etc.
- Assist with general social media monitoring/communication strategies.
- Assist with writing and scheduling social media content.
- Manage ongoing marketing research projects
- Communicate via email to answer questions from patrons and community members
- Coordinate grassroots marketing efforts for Open Doors programs
- Maintain and contribute to photo and video archive
- Compile press clippings and archive existing materials
- Communicate media hits and upcoming events via organizational intranet tool
- Implement website blog updates and edits
- Create email marketing templates, deploy email performance reminders and maintain subscriber lists
- Assist with fulfillment of marketing promotions as part of our venue menu of services
- Create performance surveys and cultivate data
- Prepare informational press kits and greet members of the press at select evening events
- Assist with writing press releases and other promotional copy for upcoming events
- Manage and update online calendar listings
- Cultivate marketing outreach opportunities
- Build and manage marketing database
- Filing, data entry and other administrative duties as assigned.
Although some portions of the internship may be done remotely, the intern should be a local student who is available to work on-site at the Kauffman Center when required. The Kauffman Center has many safety precautions, including social distancing, temperature checks and mandatory masks, required when on-site. The precautions will be discussed further during the interview process. Flexibility for select evening and weekend events is expected (ex: virtual Future Stages Festival on Sunday, June 13, 2021).
- Is enrolled in or has very recently completed a college degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism, Arts Administration, Photography or Videography, Graphic Design
- Has previous work experience in the fields of Marketing, Public Relations, Digital Media, Community Outreach or similar
- Has experience with graphic design and multimedia production (photo and video)
- Has experience producing mass email communications using software such as WordFly, Constant Contact, Mailchimp or similar
- Has experience building content on multiple social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Has experience writing articles, press releases or other marketing content
- Has experience editing WordPress websites or blogs
- Has experience with marketing or arts administration
- Has previous CRM database experience (Ex. Tessitura)
- Can commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week during the course of the internship with some flexibility for select evening events and other activities
- Is flexible, dependable, detail-oriented and self-starting
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills with confidence in proofreading abilities
- Has previous experience with graphic design and multimedia production (photo and video)
- Has experience with data entry, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, email and social media platforms.
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Pay: This is an unpaid internship, but staff is happy to help arrange for course credit.
Duration: Typically 3-4 months during the fall and spring semesters with occasional summer internships as well.
Application Deadline: Monday, April 5, 2021
Please email a 1-page résumé and 1-page cover letter to: Sarah Milosevich at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 5, 2021. No phone calls, please. Additional materials, including writing, photography or video samples, are welcome but not required. All application items must be submitted as a complete package. On your cover letter, be sure to include why you want the position, relevant experience, computer skills and one professional reference. References will be checked, and interviews will be conducted.