Company Name: City Utilities of Springfield, MO
Company Website: https://www.cityutilities.net/
Company Information: City Utilities of Springfield (CU) is a progressive, community-owned utility serving 320 square miles (see map of territory) in southwest Missouri since 1945 with electricity, natural gas, water, broadband, and public transportation services. City Utilities is overseen by a governing board composed of local citizens.
Over 111,000 CU customers enjoy electricity prices among the lowest in the United States, the convenience of one bill for all utilities, and dependable hometown services delivered with a personal touch.
Position Description: Performs various functions directly associated with the procurement process and responds to external and internal inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains & monitors electronic and paper files associated with the procurement process including but not limited to bids/proposals, purchase order back-up, queries, and other documents.
- Assists and/or performs bid openings, tabulates bids received, enters bids, and creates queries and spreadsheets for bid evaluation purposes. Opens routine bids and handles requests for information from suppliers concerning bid results.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the Purchasing Department providing customer service to both internal and external customers. For external customers this includes providing customer service and technical guidance for the supplier application process and City Utilities’ electronic supplier portal.
- Assists Buyers and Purchasing Management by performing certain functions associated with the procurement process on a macro and micro scale including but not limited to:
- Supplier correspondence
- Entering storeroom replenishment
- PO development
- Contract development
- Vendor entry
- Contract renewals
- Minor dollar purchases
- Bid / Proposal evaluations
- Ad Hoc general stock item purchases
- May perform administrative duties within the department as needed.
- Provides back-up relief as deemed necessary by Purchasing Management.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Purchasing Management.
Required Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent is required. One year of college with work classes toward a Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business, or related degree is required. Six months of recent progressively responsible general office work is preferred.
- Working knowledge of office procedures, practices, and equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including proficiency in grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, Outlook) and the use of the Internet.
- Ability to maintain good working relations with personnel at all levels.
- Demonstrative ability to handle sensitive information and a strict code of confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and to maintain effective working relationship with co-workers, CU internal staff, and suppliers.
Internship Location: Springfield, MO
Internship Hours: 20 – 25 hours per week
Compensation: $12-$15/hr depending upon classification
Application Instructions: Apply online at https://careers.cityutilities.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl