Company Name: Dayton Freight
Company Website: www.daytonfreight.com
Company Information: “Founded in 1981, Dayton Freight is a private, union-free LTL freight carrier headquartered in Dayton, Ohio. With 69 Service Centers in the Midwest region, Dayton Freight offers shippers 1 or 2 day service to thousands of points throughout an 15 state area. With our Strategic Alliance Network, we can serve all of the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Guam.”
Job Description: “The Management Trainee Program is geared toward recently graduated or soon-to-be graduating seniors. This 24-week, hands-on job experience offers the opportunity for each Trainee to become part of a team, expand upon their experience, actively participate in all areas of Dayton Freight’s operations, as well as gain knowledge of our Company, culture, and the Transportation Industry. Additionally, the program educates each individual on future-based leadership skills so that upon completion of the 24-weeks, they are confident and competent to take on a management position within our Company.”
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn, understand, and actively participate in all areas of Dayton Freight Lines Operation during the 24-week hands-on training period.
- Develop leadership skills by actively participating in discipline, performance evaluations, analyzing staffing levels, and handling employee complaints and grievances as needed.
- Must possess a valid Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Must be willing to relocate to any Service Center.
- Must be willing to work a rotation of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Internship Location: Various U.S Cities
Weekly Hours: 25-40 hours/week
Application Instructions: Apply online at www.daytonfreight.com.