Missouri State has been ranked one of the nation’s best schools for online degrees and certificates in the healthcare field for 2023.
Six percent of regionally accredited colleges and universities earned a ranking position.
The recognized programs are:
- Master of Social Work, ranked 15 out of 50.
- Master of Public Health, ranked 15 out of 50.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Services, ranked 19 out of 36.
Missouri State has excelled at producing an outstanding online program for each of these areas, landing high spots on EduMed’s already selective list.
EduMed researched and analyzed more than 7,700 accredited schools. The data science team then applied a proprietary algorithm to rank all qualifying schools for each healthcare discipline.
Primary data points include:
- Academic counseling services
- Career placement services
- Student-to-faculty ratio
- Percent of students receiving school-based financial aid
- Amount of school-based aid per student
To be eligible, a school must hold active regional accreditation and have at least one partially online program in the ranking subject. Just 8% of U.S. postsecondary institutions earned a ranking position.
MCHHS Dean Dr. Mark Smith said that he’s not surprised by the high program placements.
“We always strive to create the best learning environment for students, whether they’re in person or not,” Smith said. “It’s wonderful to see that our faculty and programs are receiving the recognition they deserve.”