High school students, from incoming freshmen to recently graduated seniors/incoming college freshmen, are invited to register for the Missouri State University Choral Institute summer choral camp.
The camp, taking place on July 13 – 16, offers an opportunity for high school musicians across the region to work with Dr. Cameron LaBarr and gain ensemble singing experience and musicianship skills, while making lifelong friends.
Singing, seminars and scavenger hunts
Students can participate in a variety of choral experiences including:
- Ensemble singing
- Solo voice study with MSU voice faculty
- Seminars on topics such as college audition prep, conducting, history of popular music and more
- Recreational activities such as talent shows, scavenger hunts and trip to a Springfield Cardinals’ baseball game
Students can choose to live on campus or commute during the camp. Students are responsible for transportation to and from camp.
Includes: Dining hall meals, housing, music fees, voice lesson, and all recreational activities
Includes: Lunch & dinner meals at dining hall, music fees, voice lesson, and all recreational activities
Ask about our scholarships
The Choral Institute has a limited number of partial-tuition scholarships available to qualifying students who either:
- Send in an audition recording of one art song/aria. Email recording to program coordinator Jake Mauk; or
- Participated in one of the following ensembles:
- MCDA District Choir
- MCDA All-State Choir
- MCDA Missouri Youth Honor Choir
Contact us with questions
If you have any questions regarding the MSU Choral Institute, contact Jake Mauk, lead coordinator of Choral Institute, by email or at (919) 215-6381.