Former PRIDE Band members have an action-packed reunion weekend scheduled Sept. 11-12 to commemorate their time on campus and meet the new faces of Missouri State’s band. Their Facebook event shows more than 500 alumni are planning to attend.
What’s on the agenda?
Friday, Sept. 11
- “Meet & Greet” for past and current band members (to take place at the end of rehearsal on the PRIDE field)
- Mixer at the DoubleTree Hotel, followed by “generations” break-out sessions
Saturday, Sept. 12
- Saturday morning rehearsal (like the old days!) to practice for the Reunion Alumni Band’s 5th Quarter performance
- Tailgating before the game at BearFest Village on the lawn between Carrington Hall and Strong Hall, where the PRIDE Band will march in four separate “neighborhood bands” and then come together to perform a short rally
- Attend the first football game of the season and watch the PRIDE perform pregame & halftime
- During the 5th Quarter, the Reunion Alumni Band will perform
- Past and present PRIDE Band members will be dismissed by Mr. Hoover: “Heels – Together…Toes…Apart…etc.”
Make your reservations
If you’re a former PRIDE Band member and your contact information is on file with the MSU Alumni office, a printed invitation has been sent to you in the mail. Return the registration form in the mail with your check.
You can also register and pay online or visit the Alumni Association’s website. Note: Each person registering to participate in the Alumni Band will need to complete a separate registration.