Orientation and Transition Programs is searching for caring, dedicated students to join us next summer as Student Orientation, Advisement & Registration (SOAR) leaders.
Nominate SOAR leaders
You can help by nominating outstanding students to become SOAR leaders. Faculty and staff nominations often increase the likelihood students will apply for this leadership opportunity.
The SOAR leader position
- Interact with new students, their family members, faculty and staff.
- Improve skills employers search for, like communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and problem solving.
- Inform new students about Missouri State, its academic expectations, and its campus life.
- Inspire a future generation of MSU students.
Learn more about SOAR leaders’ responsibilities and qualifications.
How do students benefit?
Students you work with can benefit from becoming a SOAR leader in several ways. They can:
- Apply information and skills learned in the classroom to practical, real-world applications.
- Strengthen marketable skills useful in almost any major or career field.
- Foster a connection with Missouri State, which increases their likelihood of engagement and retention.
- Network with family members, faculty and staff. (SOAR leaders have received internship and job offers from connections they made during orientation!)
How else can you help?
Help us in our search for these engaged, responsible students by:
- Discussing this leadership opportunity with students you meet with.
- Directing them to learn more at MissouriState.edu/SOARleader.
- Encouraging them to join our Zoom information sessions.
- Monday, October 5 at 4 p.m.
- Monday, October 19 at 6 p.m.
- Thursday, October 22 at 4 p.m.
Contact Joe Morris, director of Orientation & Transition Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (417) 836-7641 if you have any questions.