Happy Leap Day! Every four years we add an extra day at the end of February to account for the extra time it takes the earth to go around the sun. It’s been four years since our last Leap Day and four more until the next, so what will you do with your extra day of the year today?
Try something new.
There never seems to be enough time in the day or the year to do everything on your list. Today is an extra day to take some time off and actually read that book that’s been on your list for over two months or take your kids to the park for a picnic. Whatever it is that you’ve been pushing back, take this day to devote some extra time to trying something new and discovering a new side of you!
Enjoy the day!
Of course Leap Day isn’t an actual holiday so you may still have all the responsibilities of going to work and night class in the evening. We understand. At least take the time to sit down and watch a movie on Netflix tonight, or go outside and take some pictures and hang with friends for lunch. Relax. It’s beautiful outside today. It doesn’t hurt to take a couple hours off to celebrate all your hard work and dive into some healthy self-love.
For all those daring women who are bold and in love, Leap Day is the ultimate chance to ask your boo to marry you! It’s a well known tradition of Leap Day that you may choose to participate in. Break down those gender roles! We’re cheering for you.
Whatever it is that you do today, be sure to put a little spin on it. We all have so many responsibilities that occupy us day in and day out. Leap Day is a fun day to do something a little different. Whatever you do to make today special tweet us @MSUOutreach and #MSUOutreachBears and let us know how you made this Leap Day special!
- West Plains M.S. in Counseling Media Kit - October 16, 2017
- Missouri State Professors Awarded for Excellence in Distance Education Fall 2017 - October 9, 2017
- MSU Public Safety Training Center Media Kit - May 22, 2017
- Master Online Course Recognition Awards for 2016 - May 3, 2017
- Hiring web development GA - May 3, 2017
- Missouri Caves and Speleology Media Kit - April 28, 2017
- Certified Distance Educator Award Recipients - February 15, 2017
- Apply by January 31, 2017, for Master of Social Work degree cohort in West Plains - October 14, 2016
- MSU-Lebanon gifted Marie Williams Trust Endowment - October 12, 2016
- MSU hosts annual Stop the Violence Conference - September 30, 2016