Release written by Lauren Stockam, University Communications
Education students from Ozarka College can now earn a bachelor’s degree at the Missouri State University-West Plains campus through Missouri State Outreach.
An articulation agreement between the schools allows students at Ozarka to transfer their Associate of Science in Education to a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education through MSU. It was signed June 6.
“The agreement with Missouri State is an advance in our ability to provide more opportunities for our students,” said Dr. Richard Dawe, president of Ozarka College. “We look forward to potential additional areas to collaborate in the future.”
Keeping students close to home
The main purpose of the partnership is to give students at Ozarka an option to continue their advanced degree close to home. Missouri State Outreach in West Plains was a perfect fit.
Outreach offers several undergraduate and graduate degree programs through the MSU Springfield campus.
Ozarka draws students from southeast Missouri and northern Arkansas. They have four campuses in Arkansas: Ash Flat, Mammoth Spring, Melbourne and Mountain View.
- MindEdge offering three noncredit online courses for free until August 31 - March 27, 2020
- Ozarka College enters articulation agreement with MSU Outreach in West Plains - July 12, 2019
- Outreach helps elementary education students prepare for exams - March 8, 2019
- Online hotel management degree recognized as one of the best - October 8, 2018
- Summer and Fall 2018 Off-Campus Programs Facebook Ads - July 17, 2018
- Master of Science in Counseling in West Plains Campaign - March 2, 2018
- Open House / Ribbon Cutting Ceremony for Public Safety Training Center / MSU-Camdenton Social Media Kit - August 15, 2017
- Summer and Fall 2017 Off-Campus Programs Facebook Ads - May 30, 2017
- Spring / Summer 2017 Educational Administration / Missouri State Direct Campaign Complete - April 10, 2017
- Summer and Fall 2017 Off-Campus Program Brochures Now Available - March 24, 2017