Missouri citizens age 62 and older can now log into MSU’s virtual classrooms.
The MSU 62 program now includes online courses. Missouri State University’s Adult Student Services offers MSU 62, a program offered for senior citizens to take classes tuition-free. As the name suggests, students must be at least 62 years old to participate.
Both tuition and student services fees are waived for program participants. At MSU, in-state tuition costs $257 per credit hour. The cost of student service fees varies. While tuition and the student services fees are waived, students will need to pay for books, parking passes, textbooks, special course fees and any other supplies necessary.
Students are admitted to the university as non-degree seeking students. Classes can be taken for credit but cannot count towards a degree. When enrolling, advisors suggest students know the required prerequisites for a class and check if seats are available. Most departments are willing to work with the program to find a place for students. Check the catalog for course offerings. Use the class schedule search tools to discover when and how classes are offered.
Popular course topics include:
- MUS 178 Community Band
- Foreign languages, including French, Italian, and Spanish
- Art 225 Painting I
- Art 223 Metals and Jewelry I
- students will need to pay for books, parking passes, textbooks, special course fees and any other supplies necessary.
- classes cannot count towards a degree.
- students must be non-degree seeking students.
- seats must be available for the class.
- students must be a Missouri resident.
Ready to register for MSU 62?
Register for MSU 62 online. Registration is online-only (there is no in-person event this fall). Online registration begins on Thursday, August 19, at 9:00 a.m.
Adult Student Services
- Community Band is the most popular MSU 62 course - November 10, 2021
- Missouri State University and Jefferson College sign 2+2 plan agreement - September 24, 2021
- Crowder College and Missouri State University bring Teacher Education to Webb City - September 1, 2021
- Missouri State expands MSU62 to include online classes. - July 7, 2021
- GOLD Program Alumni Spotlight: Ken Brown - May 19, 2021
- 2020 Master Online Course Recognition Award winners - May 7, 2021
- New off-campus program launches in Webb City - May 5, 2021
- Return to Finish Scholarship helps student Level Up in the Entertainment Management field - September 24, 2020
- Following her passion - September 10, 2020
- MSU expands Early College online program to virtual learning and homeschool students. - August 20, 2020