Leadership from Crowder College and Missouri State University gathered to celebrate the opening of the newest teacher training program in southwest Missouri.
Webb City, MO – Crowder College and Missouri State University announce expansion of their current partnership to include offering MSU’s Teacher Education program at Crowder College – Webb City.
“Crowder College strives to develop partnerships and opportunities for all of our students to continue their academic journey beyond graduation” said Keith Zoromski, Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs.
“This expansion provides an opportunity for Crowder College graduates to pursue Teacher Education credentials from Missouri State University without relocating to Springfield. As a result, after graduation, they are more likely to teach in classrooms across our nine-county service area in southwest Missouri.”
The partnership began in 2007 providing Crowder College graduates as well as community members the opportunity to take classes working towards a bachelor degree in education, business, agriculture. The program has continued to expand to provide options in social work, nursing and various online options.
“MSU has had a tremendous partnership with Crowder for the last fourteen years, helping Crowder students earn a bachelor’s degree in elementary education entirely at their local Crowder location.
Not only has this program changed many students’ lives, but it has grown quality teachers who wish to stay in their communities and strengthen our local schools.
We couldn’t be more thrilled that this opportunity is now available to Crowder students on the Webb City campus,” stated Larry Nichols, MSU Regional Outreach Administrator for the Southwest Region.
Crowder College is a two-year community college located in southwest Missouri. Established in 1963 the college serves a nine-county region in the state’s community college organization. With over 80 degree and certificate programs Crowder offers educational opportunities for those planning to transfer to a university or enter the workforce. The main campus is located in Neosho with instructional centers in Cassville, McDonald County, Nevada, Webb City and an Advanced Training and Technology Center in Joplin.
- MSU 62 Call for Art - August 25, 2022
- GOLD Program seeks nominations, applications - August 12, 2022
- MSU and East Central College sign transfer agreement - June 24, 2022
- 2021 Master Online Course Recognition Award winners - May 6, 2022
- Zoom Accounts are changing - April 27, 2022
- Community Band is the most popular MSU 62 course - November 10, 2021
- Missouri State University and Jefferson College sign 2+2 plan agreement - September 24, 2021
- Crowder College and Missouri State University bring Teacher Education to Webb City - September 1, 2021
- Missouri State expands MSU62 to include online classes. - July 7, 2021
- GOLD Program Alumni Spotlight: Ken Brown - May 19, 2021