Today, the Board of Governors heard a report from the Presidential Audit Committee that is analyzing the state audit report released last October. The committee has developed an action plan. The university’s general counsel, Clif Smart, heads the three-person committee, which also includes Dr. John R. Williams, director of the School of Accountancy; and John McAlear, secretary to the Board of Governors.
The committee categorized the recommendations from the state auditor into three major categories:
- A number of the recommendations have already been implemented and were categorized as “matter resolved.”
- Several recommendations were determined to be based on incorrect information or were found to be without merit. Those cases were categorized as “matter closed.”
- In all other cases, the committee identified the steps it recommends be taken to address the state audit report and/or to strengthen the practices and policies. The committee identifies the office or person responsible and in many instances provides a timeline for implementation.
- Dear Colleague Vol. 1, No. 10 - June 21, 2011
- Fiscal Year 2012 Operating Budget Approved - June 17, 2011
- Dear Colleague Vol. 1, No. 9 - June 10, 2011
- Fiscal Year 2011-12 Operating Budget Summary - May 13, 2011
- JQH Arena Task Force Report - May 10, 2011
- Dear Colleague Vol. 1, No. 8 - May 5, 2011
- Dear Colleague Vol. 1, No. 7 - February 24, 2011
- Missouri State responds to governor’s budget recommendation - January 20, 2011
- Dear Colleague Vol. 1, No. 6 - December 17, 2010
- 2011 Voluntary Retirement Incentive Plan - December 17, 2010