Last week the Board of Governors had its June meeting in West Plains. I wanted to update you on several of the board’s actions.
New budget includes variety of wage increases
The board approved the university’s fiscal year 2017 budget. Under the budget, there will be no increase in tuition for in-state undergraduate students. The budget includes:
- A 2 percent across-the-board raise for fulltime employees
- A $250,000 staff pool for additional raises based on merit and equity
- A graduate assistant wage increase
- More than $250,000 for faculty promotions
- The third year of pay raises under the Professor Salary Incentive Program
- $900,000 for new faculty positions
- $60,000 in increased diversity investment
Board approves long-range plan
The board approved the 2016-2021 long-range plan. As you know, the university engaged in a two-year process to establish a campus-wide vision and to develop the final plan document. Thanks to Gloria Galanes who chaired the long-range plan steering committee and everyone who worked with Dr. Galanes to develop the plan. This summer we will begin the first stage of implementing the long-range plan by developing our action items and priorities for 2016-2017.
Other board actions
The board also approved our fiscal year 2018 capital appropriations request. This request is a vehicle the university uses to request state investment in certain facilities on our campuses.
The board approved a revised contract with Coach Kellie Harper. The revised contract extends the term of her employment to 2021, includes a $12,500 salary increase and includes a $100,000 incentive payment that will be paid if Coach Harper stays through April 2019. The salary increase and incentive payment funded are completely with private gifts.
The board also approved changes to the Faculty Handbook. The revisions clarify the employment status of faculty on sabbatical, clarify when a faculty member has professional responsibility with regard to a student, and make several technical changes to the Academic Personnel Grievance Process and the Professional Practices Review Process.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for March 21, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for March 7, 2023 - March 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 28, 2023 - February 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 21, 2023 - February 21, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 14, 2023 - February 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 7, 2023 - February 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 31, 2023 - January 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 24, 2023 - January 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 17, 2023 - January 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 10, 2023 - January 10, 2023