Missouri State and the Springfield community enjoy a strong reputation for safety. Keeping students safe is critically important to me, the Board of Governors and our administrative leadership at Missouri State.
New positions, programs aim to keep students safe
One of the many dangers students throughout the nation face is sexual assault. The university works diligently to prevent sexual assault and other forms of violence.
Over the past year, Missouri State implemented several initiatives directed at preventing sexual assaults. The university first hired a Title IX coordinator, and then a Title IX investigator and a Green Dot bystander intervention coordinator to round out the team.
We also instituted a requirement that all incoming students complete the Haven “Understanding Sexual Assault” online training, and the GEP 101 classes were updated to include a Title IX component.
For more information on the university’s Title IX programs, including how to file a complaint or find resources, please visit the Sexual Assault: Prevention, Education and Resources webpage.
Entire campus community asked to help prevent sexual assault
This fall we are taking another leap forward by rolling out the Green Dot program. Green Dot is a bystander intervention program that seeks to reduce sexual assaults and related violence by setting new campus norms that (1) violence will not be tolerated and (2) everyone is expected to play a role in prevention and safety.
I want to encourage everyone to help us roll out the Green Dot program. You can do this by:
- Learning more about Green Dot on the Missouri State Green Dot page
- Contacting Jenay Lamy in the Title IX office to schedule a Green Dot presentation for your department, class or other campus group
- Encouraging students, faculty and staff to register for upcoming Green Dot Bystander Intervention trainings
As part of the Green Dot roll out, on Sept. 18, Missouri State will participate in the first National Green Dot Day: Connecting the Dots. Universities throughout the country will be conducting simultaneous Green Dot bystander intervention trainings for students.
Missouri State plans to host two training sessions from 1-6 p.m. Sept. 18. One training will be held at Taylor Health and Wellness Center and the other will be held at the Jim D. Morris Center. Students may register for the sessions by completing the registration form.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 27, 2020 - October 27, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 20, 2020 - October 20, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 13, 2020 - October 13, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 6, 2020 - October 6, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 29, 2020 - September 29, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 22, 2020 - September 22, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 15, 2020 - September 15, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 8, 2020 - September 8, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 1, 2020 - September 1, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 25, 2020 - August 25, 2020