This week I want to highlight several important events on campus.
United Way/Missouri State Way
The Missouri State Way and United Way Campaigns kicked off last week. The campaigns will run through Nov. 4. Missouri State University faculty and staff make an incredible difference on our campus and in our community through participation in these two campaigns.
Campaign packets have been distributed in campus mail. You can also find information about the campaigns on the Missouri State Way and United Way webpage. Please join me in participating by completing and submitting the contribution forms.
After you complete your contributions forms, please plan to attend the Celebration Luncheon at noon on Friday, Nov. 4 in the PSU ballroom. I look forward to seeing you there!
Benefits open enrollment
Our open enrollment period for employee benefits began last week. All benefit-eligible employees are encouraged to go through the open enrollment process to select, decline and review the benefits that we offer at Missouri State. You might be surprised by what we offer for you and your dependents:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance (new carrier)
- Supplemental life insurance
- Group universal life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Accident insurance
Basic life, accidental death and dismemberment and long term disability are 100 percent paid for by the university.
It’s important to do it now – the deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Dec. 1. Once elections or changes have been made, no changes can be made during the year unless they are due to a qualifying/life changing event (e.g. marriage, divorce, birth, etc.).
We encourage you to go through the enrollment process even if you plan to keep what you currently have. Not taking any action could result in the possibility of you having the incorrect benefits and deductions. Please refer to the Open Enrollment FAQs for additional information.
Enrollment is online. Visit the open enrollment webpage to begin.
This week we will welcome alumni, friends and supporters of Missouri State University to campus as we celebrate Homecoming. Please plan to attend some or all of the events throughout the week:
- Student Rockstar competition at 7 p.m. on Tuesday in Hammons Student Center
- Yell Like Hell pep rally at 6 p.m. on Thursday in Hammons Student Center
- On Friday:
- Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony at 4 p.m. in the PSU ballroom
- Pointer Sisters concert at 8 p.m. in Juanita K. Hammons Hall for the Performing Arts
- On Saturday:
- Homecoming parade at 9 a.m. on Saturday on John Q. Hammons Parkway
- Breakfast with Boomer at 10 a.m. on Saturday in Meyer Library
- Men’s and women’s basketball scrimmages from 10:30 a.m.-1 p.m. in JQH Arena
- Tailgate at Bearfest Village at 11 a.m. on Saturday outside Plaster Stadium
Please also join me at 2 p.m. on Saturday to cheer our Bears football team to victory as they take on the Leathernecks of Western Illinois University.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 14, 2023 - November 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 7, 2023 - November 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 31, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 24, 2023 - October 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 17, 2023 - October 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 10, 2023 - October 10, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 3, 2023 - October 3, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2023 - September 19, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 12, 2023 - September 12, 2023