We are all aware of the executive order titled “Protecting the Nation from Terrorist Entry into the United States by Foreign Nationals” signed by President Trump on Jan. 27. Whether we believe this order was justified or not, it is concerning to many of our employees and students.
At Missouri State, we have 1,700 international students, nine of whom come from the countries directly affected by the order. Thankfully, none of our students were stranded in airports or barred from entry. Since the announcement, Missouri State has worked closely with the affected students; meeting one on one with them to provide guidance and support. We have also spoken to both small and large groups of students, stressing their value and our desire for them to continue their studies here. I did that at the Chinese New Year’s Banquet and Show last Saturday.
Let me make this clear to everyone — the university values the presence of all of our international students. You make the university better. We want you to be here, to be engaged in university activities, and to be successful. We have maintained a global focus for more than 25 years. A global perspective and a commitment to cultural competence are not only key elements in our long-range plan; they also play a critical role in our daily decisions and actions.
As we move forward, we remain committed to you, our international students, your safety and peace of mind. Please continue to interact with the office of international services for information and support.
- Clif’s Notes for June 28, 2022 - June 28, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 21, 2022 - June 21, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 14, 2022 - June 14, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 7, 2022 - June 7, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 24, 2022 - May 24, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 17, 2022 - May 17, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 10, 2022 - May 10, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 3, 2022 - May 3, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for April 26, 2022 - April 26, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for April 19, 2022 - April 19, 2022