Last week Governor Greitens appointed two new members to our Board of Governors. The new members are Craig Frazier, of Springfield, and Carol Silvey, of West Plains. I am very excited to work with Craig and Carol to continue to move Missouri State University forward.
Meet our new board members
Craig received a bachelor’s degree in computer information systems from Missouri State. Since then he has worked in a variety of positions in health care management and the insurance industry. He is currently a board member of Springfield Innovation Incorporated. Recent positions include chief operations officer for Healthmedx, vice president of commercial operations for Healthtronics and president of Intuitive Medical Software.
Carol received a bachelor’s degree in education from Missouri State University and a master’s degree in education from the University of Missouri. After working as a history instructor and a director of development at Missouri State-West Plains for nearly four decades, Carol became associate director for advancement for Community Foundation of the Ozarks.
Craig will replace Joe Carmichael as the 7th District representative and Carol will replace Peter Hofherr as the 8th District representative. Their terms expired on Jan. 1.
I want to thank Joe and Peter for their great work on the board. Their leadership played a critical role in the university’s success, and they have exemplified the public affairs mission through their service.
Many opportunities lie ahead of us. I am confident that Craig and Carol, along with the other members of our Board of Governors, will lead us on a path to make good decisions and to ensure that the university continues to experience great success.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 17, 2017 - October 17, 2017
- Clif’s Notes Oct. 10, 2017 - October 10, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 3, 2017 - October 3, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2017 - September 26, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2017 - September 19, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 12, 2017 - September 12, 2017
- Supporting our DACA students - September 6, 2017
- 2017 State of the University address - September 6, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 5, 2017 - September 5, 2017
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 29, 2017 - August 29, 2017