We have done significant work on our campus facilities over the past year. That work was recognized at this year’s Springfield Contractors Association (SCA) Salute to Design and Construction.
For the second time in five years, we received the Developer of the Year award, the top honor awarded at the event. This award recognized the university completing 86 projects at a total value of more than $85.5 million, including renovations to Ellis Hall, Glass Hall, Hill Hall, the Plaster Center and Woods House, and the construction of the Magers Health and Wellness Center.
Thanks to everyone who made this award possible, particularly Mark Wheeler and his team for leveraging the limited resources we have to maximize the positive impact on students and the campus community.
More SCA awards
The university received several other awards at this year’s SCA Salute. Doug Sampson, former Missouri State architect, received a lifetime achievement award. Additionally, three Missouri State teams were recognized for placing in the Associated Schools of Construction Region IV Management Competition.
Public safety awards
The university’s recent awards are not limited to facilities.
David Hall, the university’s emergency manager, received the Missouri Department of Public Safety’s Hall of Fame Award. The award recognizes his years of service as a firefighter and the Springfield Fire Chief. I want to say a special congratulations to David. We are fortunate to now have you on our team at Missouri State.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 15, 2022 - November 15, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 8, 2022 - November 8, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 1, 2022 - November 1, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 25, 2022 - October 25, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 18, 2022 - October 18, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 11, 2022 - October 11, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 4, 2022 - October 4, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 20, 2022 - September 20, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 13, 2022 - September 13, 2022