Today is Election Day. I encourage each of you to put the public affairs mission into practice by voting at the Welcome Center or your regular polling location.
Springfield residents have two important tax renewals on the ballot. One renews a 1/8 cent sales tax to fund high-priority transportation improvements. The other renews a 3/4 sales tax to support the Springfield police officers’ and fire fighters’ pension system.
Veterans Day activities
Missouri State University will host its annual recognition of veterans on Nov. 8. Activities include:
- A complimentary breakfast at 9 a.m. in Plaster Student Union
- A Pride Band Ceremonial Ensemble performance at 10:30 a.m. outside McDonald Arena
- The playing of Taps throughout campus by the Missouri State trumpeters starting at 11:11 a.m. and beginning and ending in front of McDonald Arena
- A showing of the documentary “The Weight of Honor” at noon in the PSU Theater
Nominate a colleague
The Staff Excellence in University Service Award recognizes excellence in service to the university among staff employees. Through this award, the university recognizes staff who strive to do their jobs well on a daily basis, who go beyond the call of duty in a special situation and who have contributed in a significant way to the success of the university.
Each year six full-time staff receive this award (which includes a one-time $1,500 award).
Currently enrolled students, employed staff, faculty or administrators are encouraged to nominate full-time staff employees for the Excellence in University Service Awards.
The deadline to nominate a staff member is Nov. 15. You can review the selection criteria and complete a nomination form on the Staff Excellence in University Service Award webpage.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2023 - September 19, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 12, 2023 - September 12, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 5, 2023 - September 5, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 29, 2023 - August 29, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 22, 2023 - August 22, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 15, 2023 - August 15, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 8, 2023 - August 8, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Aug. 1, 2023 - August 1, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for July 25, 2023 - July 25, 2023