This year’s Action Plan includes enrollment as a focus area.
We have already implemented a lot of changes designed to improve enrollment. Initiatives we have already rolled out this academic year include:
- Restructured scholarships
- Expanded dual credit
- Waived the application fee
- Expanded partnerships with college access programs
- Joined the Common App
- Implemented a CRM system and an updated marketing strategy
- Implemented the MSU Messaging platform to communicate with students
- Developed a campus virtual tour
Data indicates that our work is having an impact — the number of applications we have received for new students in fall 2020 is higher than the last two years.
More work remains to be done, and I would encourage all members of the university community to participate in our enrollment efforts.
Setting SEM goals
The first action item in this year’s Action Plan is to develop a strategic enrollment management (SEM) plan.
Last week our SEM consultant from AACRAO was on campus for three days. She met with the leadership team, steering committee and the councils to help the university develop measurable SEM goals. Once these goals have been established, the councils will begin to develop the strategies that the university should pursue to achieve the goals.
We plan to have the SEM goals established in December, and we will report them to the Board of Governors at their meetings on Dec. 12.
You can find more information about the SEM process (including information about strategic enrollment management, the university’s SEM structure, council rosters and charges, etc.) on the SEM webpage.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 28, 2023 - November 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 14, 2023 - November 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 7, 2023 - November 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 31, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 24, 2023 - October 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 17, 2023 - October 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 10, 2023 - October 10, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 3, 2023 - October 3, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2023 - September 19, 2023