This week I will review our 2020 state legislative priorities with the Board of Governors.
We are coming off two exceptionally strong years in Jefferson City. As you know, earlier this year the legislature increased our core operating appropriation by $10 million — the largest increase in our 114-year history. In 2018, the legislature passed legislation that eliminated statutory restrictions prohibiting Missouri State University from offering professional doctorate programs.
We have thanked our elected officials for these important victories, and we will continue to thank them as we roll into the 2020 legislative session.
With this record of success in mind, our priorities for the coming legislative session include:
- Maintaining the university’s core operating appropriation, including the $10 million increase approved last year.
- An inflationary increase in state funding to pay for customary increases in ordinary business expenses.
- Funding for a $1.8 million MoExcels grant to expand the Jordan Valley Innovation Center and establish the Missouri Cybersecurity Center of Excellence.
- A one-time $4.85 million appropriation in matching capital funds to renovate Missouri State’s Professional Building which houses the university’s professional health programs.
You can find more information about our legislative priorities and strategies on the Legislative Advocacy webpage.
If you haven’t already joined the MSU Legislative Network, you can do so online. As part of the legislative network, you will receive regular updates on the university’s work in Jefferson City so you can actively participate in Missouri State’s advocacy efforts.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for March 2, 2021 - March 2, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 23, 2021 - February 23, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 16, 2021 - February 16, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 9, 2021 - February 9, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 2, 2021 - February 2, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 26, 2021 - January 26, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 19, 2021 - January 19, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 12, 2021 - January 12, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Dec. 15, 2020 - December 15, 2020
- Clif’s Notes for Dec. 8, 2020 - December 8, 2020