Details on the hiring freeze
We have a total of 99 open positions funded from the operating budget that were temporarily frozen.
Some of these positions are critical to the university’s operations and must be filled. Others must remain vacant to free up resources as we budget for the financial impact of the coronavirus.
Last week I authorized cost center heads to fill 15 positions immediately. With respect to the remaining positions:
- 16 positions will continue to be frozen through June 30, 2020. At that time, we will evaluate the university’s financial situation and determine whether to fill these positions for FY2021. The annual salary and fringe benefits for these positions total $800,000.
- 68 positions will continue to be frozen through at least June 30, 2021. The annual salary and fringe benefits for these positions total $4.9 million.
Our leadership team will discuss the hiring freeze with the Board of Governors on May 14-15. A decision will be made thereafter whether to lift or extend the hiring freeze for vacated positions going forward.
Extending the work and compensation policy
Last week I approved changes to the temporary work and compensation policy. These changes will allow supervisors to gradually return employees to campus during the summer as I discussed in last week’s Clif’s Notes.
The policy has been extended through July 31. This allows supervisors to determine when particular employees should return to campus.
This also means individuals on 2/3 pay may stay in that category through July 31, or for as long as they remain assigned to this category.
Mark your calendar for Virtual Town Hall
At 10:30 a.m. May 20, we will host a Virtual Town Hall meeting. You can find information about how to participate online. Please come prepared to ask questions you have about the hiring freeze, the temporary work and compensation policy, or any other matter.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for June 28, 2022 - June 28, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 21, 2022 - June 21, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 14, 2022 - June 14, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for June 7, 2022 - June 7, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 24, 2022 - May 24, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 17, 2022 - May 17, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 10, 2022 - May 10, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for May 3, 2022 - May 3, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for April 26, 2022 - April 26, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for April 19, 2022 - April 19, 2022