Last Thursday and Friday we partnered with city and state officials to host a mega mass vaccination event on campus.
I participated in a press conference with Gov. Mike Parson and Sen. Roy Blunt on Thursday morning promoting the event. We also promoted it through social media and our other communication channels in the days leading up to the event.
I am proud to report that our efforts were successful: 6,131 people were vaccinated at the mass vaccination event. This is in addition to the 7,500 plus COVID-19 vaccinations we have administered so far this year at Magers Health and Wellness Center.
Changes in community
City Council has established the next phase in the City of Springfield’s Road to Recovery plan. This plan eliminates occupancy limits for most activities and events if the following criteria are met:
- Under 40 new COVID-19 cases per day.
- Under 50 COVID-19 patients hospitalized.
- 25% of residents age 16 and over vaccinated.
You can find more information on the Road to Recovery plan and our community’s progress on the Springfield-Greene County Health Department’s COVID-19 Dashboard.
The Springfield community is averaging far less than 40 new COVID-19 cases per day and 50 COVID-19 patients hospitalized. However, our community’s vaccination rate remains under the 25 percent threshold.
Please join me in encouraging people to get vaccinated. Vaccination will allow us to move into the next phase of the city’s recovery plan.
Vaccination is also critical to protect the health and safety of our campus community as we approach the end of the semester, commencement ceremonies and other events.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for May 4, 2021 - May 4, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for April 27, 2021 - April 27, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for April 20, 2021 - April 20, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for April 13, 2021 - April 13, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for April 6, 2021 - April 6, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for March 30, 2021 - March 30, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for March 23, 2021 - March 23, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for March 9, 2021 - March 9, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for March 2, 2021 - March 2, 2021
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 23, 2021 - February 23, 2021