We are running our United Way and Missouri State Way giving campaigns a bit differently this year.
In the past we have run these two campaigns concurrently. This year they will be separate.
The United Way campaign will kickoff in early November. I will cover that, along with exciting changes in how United Way will invest our contributions, separately in a later Clif’s Note.
This year we have replaced the Missouri State Way campaign with a faculty and staff giving campaign as part of #BearsGive.
#BearsGive is a 36-hour giving day event on Oct. 13 and 14. One-time gifts and monthly giving options are available.
I encourage you to join us for the #BearsGive kick-off event at 10 a.m. tomorrow starting on the North Mall in front of the PSU and ending at the stage in the food court for guest speakers. Donuts, refreshments and #BearsGive swag bags are available for all at the food court.
You can find more information, along with links to make a one-time gift or fill out a payroll deduction and pledge form, on the #BearsGive webpage.
As in years past, you will also receive a pamphlet in the mail instructing you how to participate in the #BearsGive faculty and staff giving campaign.
Join in the Homecoming festivities
This week marks one of my favorite events of the fall — Homecoming! Throughout the week, students will be joined by alumni and others to cheer at pep rallies, compete in competitions, build parade floats and participate in numerous campus activities.
I encourage each of you to participate in the Homecoming festivities this week.
Highlights for the week include:
- Rockstar, a student singing competition, is tonight at 7 p.m. in Hammons Student Center. I get to be one of the judges.
- MoState Live, a student skit competition, is Thursday at 6:30 p.m. in Hammons Student Center.
- Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony for 2020 and 2021 honorees at 4 p.m. on Friday in the PSU Ballroom.
- Missouri Public Affairs Hall of Fame Induction and Banquet at 6 p.m. on Friday at the Old Glass Place.
- The annual Homecoming Parade at 9 a.m. on Saturday.
- Breakfast with Boomer at 10 a.m. on Saturday in Foster Recreation Center.
- Bears and Lady Bears basketball scrimmages also at 10 a.m. on Saturday in JQH Arena.
- The Multicultural Resource Center Grand Opening at noon on Saturday on the first floor of the PSU.
- Tailgating in Bearfest Village.
We will cap off the week with the Bears home football game against Indiana State University at 2 p.m. on Saturday.
If you haven’t already seen the Bears play, you don’t want to miss your chance to see this incredible team. The Bears are 2-1 in conference play and 3-2 overall.
I encourage you to come out to the game to cheer on our Bears! I also encourage you to buy your tickets in advance — we anticipate a big crowd for the game.
Participate in the wellness fair
Tomorrow we will host a Wise and Well Health and Benefit Fair from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the PSU.
The fair will feature various vendors, informational breakout sessions, resources, prizes and giveaways. Come out to learn more about employment benefits and healthy-living options available to you.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 29, 2022 - November 29, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 15, 2022 - November 15, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 8, 2022 - November 8, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 1, 2022 - November 1, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 25, 2022 - October 25, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 18, 2022 - October 18, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 11, 2022 - October 11, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 4, 2022 - October 4, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 20, 2022 - September 20, 2022