The new year has brought us two new members to our Board of Governors.
Earlier this month, Gov. Mike Parson appointed Dr. Anson Elliott and Ann Kampeter to the board.
Elliott is a familiar face at Missouri State, having worked at the university for nearly 38 years. He built Missouri State’s agriculture program, retiring as dean of the Darr College of Agriculture.
He was recently inducted into the Missouri State University Wall of Fame.
Kampeter is also a familiar name at Missouri State. In recognition of her seven-figure contribution to the MSU Foundation, the university named the Ann Kampeter Health Sciences Hall after her in 2020.
She received her bachelor’s degree in communication sciences and disorders from MSU and has served on the MSU Foundation Board of Trustees.
Please join me in welcoming Governors Elliott and Kampeter to the board. They are dedicated to continuing to make our university great, and I am excited to work with them.
Grateful for their commitment
Anson and Ann will fill the expired terms held by Bev Keltner and Carrie Tergin on our board.
Bev and Carrie have been exemplary board members and demonstrated an enduring commitment to our university.
I will miss them greatly.
Board meeting review
The Board of Governors met the day before December commencement.
They recognized this year’s Citizen Scholars award recipients:
- Diana Dudenhoeffer, senior, Springfield, Missouri.
- Manuel Jose Elivo-Jerez, graduate, Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic.
- Emily Fessler, graduate, Sheboygan, Wisconsin.
- Cole Howerton, senior, Conway, Missouri.
- Weston Phipps, graduate, Houston, Missouri.
- Morgan Spoor, senior, Gainesville, Missouri.
The Board also awarded a contract and authorized a capitalized lease for chiller improvements, awarded a contract for an addition to Looney Hall in West Plains, toured Temple Hall, and received a presentation about the university’s academic programs in the College of Natural and Applied Sciences.
Board roles for 2022
This was Governor Amy Counts’ last meeting as chair of the board. She has been a fantastic board chair, pushing me and our leadership team to maintain the university on its upward trajectory.
For 2022, the board has elected:
- Governor Carol Silvey will serve as chair.
- Governor Chris Waters will serve as vice chair and as chair of the Risk Management and Audit committee.
- Governor Lynn Parman will chair the Finance and Facilities committee.
- Governor Amy Counts will chair the Programs and Planning committee.
- Governor Jay Wasson will serve as the Board of Governors representative to the MSU Foundation.
I look forward to seeing what we can accomplish together in the coming year.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 29, 2022 - November 29, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 15, 2022 - November 15, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 8, 2022 - November 8, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 1, 2022 - November 1, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 25, 2022 - October 25, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 18, 2022 - October 18, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 11, 2022 - October 11, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 4, 2022 - October 4, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 27, 2022 - September 27, 2022
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 20, 2022 - September 20, 2022