Governor Mike Parson has released his budget recommendations for the fiscal year that will begin July 1.
Those recommendations include:
- A 5.4% increase to our core budget.
- Over $33 million in capital projects, including funds for:
- Temple Hall addition and renovation.
- Braider facility at JVIC.
- Hospital simulation lab in West Plains.
Advocating for university priorities
Through his funding decisions, Gov. Parson has once again shown his commitment to Missouri State University and higher education. I hope you will join me in thanking Gov. Parson for his support.
We have already begun meeting with legislative leaders as the budget now moves to the Missouri House for their consideration.
Our advocacy work will continue this week. We will host Gov. Parson on campus this Thursday and legislators on Friday to advocate for the university’s priorities.
Challenging budget year
Yesterday, the university’s Executive Budget Committee held its first meeting. Compensation will be our priority as the committee begins to develop budget recommendations for the coming fiscal year.
This will be a challenging budget year. Inflation and market pressures to increase compensation are strong. Meanwhile, we will begin the year with a shortfall of more than $3 million due to enrollment losses.
We will also have millions of dollars in MOSERS contributions, property insurance, technology contracts and other expense increases.
I will update the university community on our progress in Jefferson City and in the university’s internal budgeting process throughout the semester.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for March 21, 2023 - March 21, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for March 7, 2023 - March 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 28, 2023 - February 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 21, 2023 - February 21, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 14, 2023 - February 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Feb. 7, 2023 - February 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 31, 2023 - January 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 24, 2023 - January 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 17, 2023 - January 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Jan. 10, 2023 - January 10, 2023