In Washington, D.C., Congress will begin a new legislative session on Jan. 3.
In Jefferson City, the General Assembly will begin a new legislative session on Jan. 4.
Preparations for these critical dates are underway.
This week, our federal lobbying team is on campus meeting with the leadership team, discussing projects and other funding proposals, and familiarizing themselves with our operations. Similarly, in two weeks, our state lobbying team will be on campus.
Throughout December, we will finalize priorities, create white papers and other materials, and develop strategies to advocate for MSU in Washington and Jefferson City. We will also meet with legislators to begin laying the groundwork for success in the legislature.
I hope you will join me in advancing MSU’s interests in the state and federal capitols by:
- Attending the MSU State Legislative Briefing at 10 a.m. Dec. 9 in the Traywick Parliamentary Room (PSU 313). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
- Signing up for the MSU Legislative Network to receive updates, talking points, advocacy tips, requests for grassroots help and other information as the legislative sessions in Washington and Jefferson City progress.
- Emailing email@example.com if you have specific grant requests, projects for potential funding or other items for which you would like our team to consider advocating.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 28, 2023 - November 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 14, 2023 - November 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 7, 2023 - November 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 31, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 24, 2023 - October 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 17, 2023 - October 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 10, 2023 - October 10, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 3, 2023 - October 3, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2023 - September 19, 2023