On Dec. 29, President Joe Biden signed all 12 appropriations bills for FY2023.
I am pleased to report that the bills include the following appropriations for MSU championed by Sen. Roy Blunt:
- $35 million for renovations to Blunt Hall, Cheek Hall, and other STEM and health facilities on the Springfield campus.
- An additional $3 million for endowed faculty chairs in CNAS.
- $1.5 million for the ASCEND program in West Plains.
The bills also include $2 million to white box the third floor of the Brewer Science Annex at JVIC. Rep. Billy Long championed this appropriation.
Finally, the bills include $36 million in funding for research by our partners at JVIC.
The funding in the FY2023 appropriation package represents a huge investment in our university that would not have been possible without the important leadership of Sen. Blunt and Rep. Long.
Their service in the Congress ended earlier this year. It is an understatement to say that they will be greatly missed.
I hope you will join me in thanking Sen. Blunt and Rep. Long for their work to support MSU and the legacy they left behind as they concluded their service.
The university has strong relationships with our newly elected officials — Sen. Eric Schmitt and Rep. Eric Burlison — and their staff. Work is underway to show them the many great things we do at Missouri State University and to advocate for their support.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 28, 2023 - November 28, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 14, 2023 - November 14, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Nov. 7, 2023 - November 7, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 31, 2023 - October 31, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 24, 2023 - October 24, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 17, 2023 - October 17, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 10, 2023 - October 10, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Oct. 3, 2023 - October 3, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 26, 2023 - September 26, 2023
- Clif’s Notes for Sept. 19, 2023 - September 19, 2023