There will be much fun to be had on campus this summer. Here’s the line-up of a few activities.
First, we are kicking off a new event for faculty and staff. At 2 p.m. on June 5 we will have a university-wide ice cream social in the PSU Food Court. I encourage all members of our faculty and staff that are at work that afternoon to take a few minutes to eat free ice cream and socialize with colleagues and coworkers.
As an added incentive to encourage people to attend the ice cream social, we will close the university from 3 to 5 p.m. after the event. Issues related to essential personnel, time reporting, and compensation for this closure are addressed in section 2.15 of the Employee Handbook. Supervisors will work with their staff on how to coordinate coverage, if coverage is required.
Attend annual picnic
On May 31, Staff Senate will host the annual MSU Staff Picnic in the pavilion at Phelps Grove Park. The picnic will start at 5 p.m. Food and drinks will be provided, and the event will be family-friendly.
Take part in Tent Theatre tradition
The tradition of Tent Theatre continues this summer with three outstanding productions:
- “Grease” (starting June 12)
- “The Mousetrap” (starting June 27)
- “Catch Me If You Can” (starting July 10)
We will also celebrate the life of Byrne Blackwood, cofounder of MSU’s Tent Theatre, at several activities on the weekend of June 14 – 16.
Grab tickets for big entertainment
You can buy tickets for Tent Theatre and JQH Arena events on the Missouri State TIX webpage.
Campus hosts camps throughout summer
We will also host students of all ages at summer camps and conferences, including:
- The Missouri Fine Arts Academy, a summer residential program for highly motivated high school student artists in visual arts, theater, dance, creative writing and music
- The Missouri Public Affairs Academy, which brings talented high school students from throughout the state together to develop their understanding of public affairs
- Bands Alive Summer Camps
- Multiple athletics camps
I encourage each of you to participate in summer activities on campus and welcome campers and other summer guests to our campus.
Thanks for all you do for Missouri State!