The deadline for International Travel application is Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
The funding is to support faculty international travel that will “advance the university mission, in a manner related to the research of the faculty member.” This funding is provided to support faculty presentation of research. The International Travel award provides up to $2,500 to the recipient. This is a one-to-one match with funding secured by the applicant. The matching funds may come from (a) the faculty member’s department and college; (b) external grants that include funding to present research and/or (c) funding provided by the conference/event for conference fees, lodging, food, or travel expenses.
To be eligible Faculty members must:
- Be full-time, permanent, faculty actively involved in research (preference may be given to a junior faculty member for whom the trip is more likely to advance his/her career);
- Faculty members who have previously received an International Travel Award will only become eligible to receive additional funding for travel that starts at least one year from the month of their previous funded conference date;
- A member of the International Travel Awards Committee is eligible to apply; If the member applies, then an interim committee member from his/her College will be selected to replace the regular committee member for the round of competition he/she has applied;
- Conferences/events located in a Restricted Travel Area will generally not be awarded funding;
- The applicant must be presenting original completed research/creative activities or program participation (panelist, discussant, etc.) at the conference, performance, exhibition or other invited event; and
- Only one trip is permitted per application.
Eligible faculty who choose to apply for an International Travel Award should be cognizant of the competitive nature of the process and be aware that not all applications may be funded.
For more information, see the International Travel webpage. If you have questions, contact the Graduate College (836-5335).