Free resources for creating blended and online instruction
Check out these resources:
- EdSurge Digital Learning Network Higher Ed Home page
- Faculty Focus Home page
- IDEA Research and Resources Home page
- The K. Patricia Cross Academy Techniques Video Library
- OER Commons Home page
- Stanford – Tomorrow’s Professor Postings
- American Journal of Distance Education
- College Teaching
Two-week virtual online boot camp
The Online Course Development Boot Camp is now offered virtually! You will have the opportunity to participate in the Boot Camp through an online experience much like students do when taking an online class. The boot camp will include:
- Best practices related to online courses and teaching.
- Technology tools that are used in online teaching (lecture capture, test proctoring tools, and others).
- How to translate learning activities to the online classroom and create opportunities for student collaboration and engagement.
- Legal and ethical issues associated with online teaching such as copyright, accessibility, and academic integrity.
The boot camp is an immersive-style experience providing you hands-on training and a structured process for developing an online course. Throughout the two-week time frame, you will participate both synchronous and asynchronously to create an online course. You will receive feedback and support from an instructional designer throughout the entire process.
Upcoming boot camps
- June 15–26, 2020
- July 13–24, 2020
For more information contact the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning or visit the FCTL website. Please register through My Learning Connection by searching for “Two Week Virtual Online Boot Camp”.
What is the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning?
The FCTL supports teaching excellence for faculty at all levels. Check out the many support services offered by the FCTL to see how you can benefit.
You need Adobe Reader to view and print documents on this page.