FCTL 2020–2021 faculty awards
- Per-Course Teaching Award—Dr. Bryan Brinkman, Modern and Classical Languages
- Teaching Award for Excellence in Online Teaching—Dr. Ching-Wen Chang, Reading, Foundations, and Technology and Mr. Luis Lombilla, Modern and Classical Languages
- Teaching Award for Excellence in High-Impact Practices—Jennifer Pratt, Communication Sciences Disorders and Annice McLean, Reading, Foundations, and Technology
- Teaching Award for Excellence in Inclusive Teaching Practices—Dr. Julia Troche, History
For Spring 2021, we have simplified the virtual writing retreat sign-up process. Each month, we will have a two-day session with day-long Zoom rooms open. People may drop in and out as they please and work together virtually for as long as they like. Each Zoom link will be good for both days of each month’s retreat. We will schedule any workshops or special activities during the same Zoom meetings. Please send an email with any questions or feedback.
Spring 2021 retreat schedule
Thursday, April 22, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Friday, April 23, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Use link: https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/95018181528
Wednesday, May 19, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 20, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Friday, May 21, 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Use link: https://missouristate.zoom.us/j/92290130095
Next session: May 17–28, 10:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
The boot camp is an immersive-style experience providing you hands-on training and a structured process for developing an online course. You will have the opportunity to participate in the boot camp through an online experience much like students do when taking an online class. The boot camp will include:
- Best practices related to online courses and teaching
- Technology tools that are used in online teaching (lecture capture, test proctoring tools, and others)
- How to translate learning activities to the online classroom and create opportunities for student collaboration and engagement
- Legal and ethical issues associated with online teaching such as copyright, accessibility, and academic integrity
For more information contact the Faculty Center for Teaching and Learning or visit the FCTL website. Please register through My Learning Connection by searching for “Two Week Virtual Online Boot Camp.”
Check out these resources:
- EdSurge Digital Learning Network Higher Ed Home page
- Faculty Focus Home page
- IDEA Research and Resources Home page
- The K. Patricia Cross Academy Techniques Video Library
- OER Commons Home page
- Stanford – Tomorrow’s Professor Postings
- American Journal of Distance Education
- College Teaching
The FCTL supports teaching excellence for faculty at all levels. Check out the many support services offered by the FCTL to see how you can benefit.
You need Adobe Reader to view and print documents on this page.