The deadline for Summer Faculty Fellowship proposals (SFF) is October 30, 2021. Since this date falls on a weekend, applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 1, 2021.
The function of this Fellowship is to allow faculty members engaged in research or in creative activities to devote intense thought and activity to a single project. The Summer Faculty Fellowship provides a $6,000 stipend to the recipient (this is taxable income). Projects which involve consulting activity, the production of teaching aids, enhancement of teaching skills, practice of professional skills outside the academic environment, “retooling” for new teaching assignments, development of Internet courses or other curriculum development activities, will not be considered.
To be eligible Faculty members must:
- Have the rank of Assistant Professor and above with a research commitment;
- May not teach summer courses or have outside jobs during the tenure of the fellowship;
- Must be returning to Missouri State University for the following academic year;
- The same project cannot be funded by another internal grant source;
- Cannot directly precede or immediately follow an academic year during which a sabbatical has been approved/taken;
- If you have previously received a Summer Faculty Fellowship, you must have applied for an external grant; and have submitted a final report.
Eligible faculty who choose to apply for a Summer Faculty Fellowship should be cognizant of the competitive nature of the process and be aware that not all proposals can be funded.
For more information, see the SFF webpage. If you have questions, contact the Graduate College (836-5335).