Are you concerned about a student who is missing a lot of class or struggling academically since midterm? Use the Academic Care Team Referral Form to send an alert. The goal of this referral form is to initiate prompt communication and intervention with students who are experiencing academic difficulties.
Reasons to refer a student:
- Poor attendance and/or infrequent Blackboard access
- Missed, late or incomplete assignments
- Missed exams
- Poor performance on exams or assignments
- Need to address study skills or time management
- Academic difficulty due to issues outside the classroom
After submitting the form, your report will be forwarded to the Academic Care Team, who will offer targeted academic assistance to the student. In some cases, we will contact the student and recommend they meet with you directly. In other cases, we will recommend academic services such as an academic coach or the BearCLAW. We recommend sharing with your student that you have made this referral. For information about the referral form, contact Dr. Kelly Wood, The Center for Academic Success and Transition (CAST), 836-8346 or CAST@missouristate.edu.