Faculty writing retreats (in-person and virtual) will help you meet your writing goals for the year. Begin new articles, revise and resubmit, polish your book proposal, complete your last edits, and connect and collaborate with other faculty scholars.
Register through My Learning Connection for any of the following dates. If you register, you may also choose to write along in your office or at home and join our lunchtime roundtable via Zoom. All sessions are in Meyer Library Room 204 and are from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
May 25 (Wednesday)
May 26 (Thursday)
Save the dates for the Summer writing retreat
June 27 – July 1
The OLC offers an extensive online learning opportunities for education professionals. Below are just a few of the upcoming workshops.
- June 6–12:”Creating Infographics for Learning”
- June 13–19: “Designing with Accessibility in Mind”
Contact the FCTL for a free Professional Learning Pass to any of these workshops. Visit the link below for more information about these workshops and many others.
The resources from the FCTL’s virtual online boot camps are available as a self-paced course development boot camp. This self-paced version will cover many of the same things as the virtual and on-campus boot camps, but you will be participating at your own schedule and can contact the FCTL Instructional Designers at any time during this process. Their contact information is listed in the meet your instructional designers area of the modules.
What’s included in the self-paced course development boot camp
- Best practices related to online courses and teaching
- Different assessment options available in Blackboard
- How to remove potential barriers for students with disabilities
- Strategies to foster community and engagement in the online classroom
- Strategies to prevent student cheating
- Copyright and fair use in distance education
How to find the self-paced boot camp
- Log into Blackboard and select the Community Tab at the top of the page
- Select Academic Community from the My Organizations module
- Once in the site, on the main menu, locate “self-paced course development boot camp” to access the boot camp materials
Check out these resources:
- 100 Mistakes Academic Writers Make…and How to Fix Them
- Resources for Writers: Digital Writing Tools
- Teaching in Higher Ed
- The Scholarly Teacher
- Faculty Focus Home page
- The K. Patricia Cross Academy Techniques Video Library
The FCTL supports teaching excellence for faculty at all levels. Check out the many support services offered by the FCTL to see how you can benefit.
You need Adobe Reader to view and print documents on this page.