Three members of the campus community reported their rear mounted spare tire removed while on campus this week. The thefts occurred in parking lots between Bear Boulevard and Walnut Street and between National Avenue and John Q. Hammons Parkway. The Springfield Police Department is investigating the incidents.
Vehicle of Interest
If you have any information about a 1998-2005 Subaru Forester similar to the one below, please notify the MSU Police Substation at 836-5509.
Historically, we see an increase in motor vehicle break-ins in late March and early April. To address this, Campus Safety and the Springfield Police Department have increased patrols of parking lots to deter break-ins. Dispatch services has added dispatchers to increase the monitoring of surveillance cameras on campus.
- If you own a vehicle with a rear mounted spare tire, secure it using locking lug nuts or a security cable.
- Remove your keys from your vehicle.
- Remove valuables from your vehicle.
- Always lock your vehicle.
- Immediately report suspicious individuals in the parking lots to Campus Safety at 417-836-5509.