There has been a rash of bicycle thefts over the past two weeks and Campus Safety needs your help in preventing these crimes from occurring.
- The above individuals have been banned from MSU property. If you see any of them on campus, contact Campus Safety at 836-5509 so we can have them removed.
- If you see anyone suspicious near the bicycle racks, call 9-1-1 or Campus Safety immediately.
- If you have not registered your bicycle, do so! Go to Transportation Services website for more information.
- Take a photo of your bicycle and the serial number to have for your records.
- If you do not have a U-lock style bicycle lock, get one! It is the best way to prevent bicycle theft since cable locks can be cut within seconds.
- If your bicycle is missing, call Campus Safety or 9-1-1 and make a police report.
The Springfield Police Department and Campus Safety have caught individuals removing bicycles from campus, but little could be done because the victim or victims have been unable to describe their bicycle or provide the serial number. The other issue is the failure to use a U-lock style bicycle lock. Cable locks do not provide protection against simple bolt cutters. Lastly, if you see the above individuals on campus, we want to know so we can have them removed. We need your help to stop bicycle thefts!
Let us know if you have questions.
- How to keep your possessions safe. - November 11, 2019
- Threat Received by UMKC @ Brick City - November 1, 2019
- Bicycle Thefts – Call to Action - October 22, 2019
- Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice to host events on campus. - October 11, 2019
- Preventing bicycle thefts - October 10, 2019
- Severe weather this afternoon - October 10, 2019
- Informational Message – Student Death on Campus - October 5, 2019
- Missouri National Guard to train at MSU - September 3, 2019
- Fall test of Missouri State Alert – Tuesday, September 3 - August 23, 2019
- New Uniforms for Campus Safety - August 1, 2019