As students, faculty and staff return to campus for the spring 2021 semester, COVID-19 testing will be required for students living on campus and broadly available for everyone else.
Requirements for students living on campus
Students who will be living in on–campus housing are required to be tested for COVID-19 or show they meet other criteria before they will be able to move back in.
On-campus students must be tested for COVID-19 OR meet one of the following criteria:
- Have proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken on or after Jan. 6, 2021.
- Have proof of testing positive for COVID-19 on or after Oct. 10, 2020, and have been released from isolation.
Students who meet one of these criteria should bring documentation to Hammons Student Center during the times listed below.
Students who choose not to be tested and who do not meet the other criteria must quarantine in on-campus quarantine housing for 10 days.
Students MUST check-in at Hammons Student Center before moving back into residence hall
When returning to campus, on–campus students should first report to Hammons Student Center, 661 S. John Q. Hammons Parkway.
Testing and check-in will be available during the following times:
- Tuesday-Thursday, Jan. 5-7: 1-4 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday, Jan. 8-10: 8 a.m.-9 p.m.
Required testing will also be available to on-campus students 1-4 p.m. Jan. 11-15 at Plaster Student Union 400.
Students should NOT return to campus outside of these times. They will not be allowed to move in until they check in.
Students living on campus during the spring semester received an email from residence life on Dec. 18 with additional details.
Testing for other students, faculty and staff
Students who live off campus, faculty and staff can get tested through the university’s existing testing processes.
People with symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested at Magers Health Center.
If you have COVID symptoms and need to schedule a COVID-19 test, schedule your same day appointment online by going to MyHealth Portal.
Those with no symptoms can get tested through the university’s asymptomatic testing process.
- Statewide Tornado Drill – Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. - February 25, 2021
- Spring 2021 COVID-19 testing and return to campus - December 18, 2020
- Get COVID-19 tested prior to Thanksgiving break - November 13, 2020
- Fall Test of the Missouri State Alert system - September 17, 2020
- Missouri State Highway Patrol displays vehicles for Criminology students - August 14, 2020
- Missouri State Alerts upgrade requires users to update preferences - July 13, 2020
- Statewide Tornado Drill – Tuesday, March 3rd at 10:00 a.m. - February 26, 2020
- Spring Semester Test of the Missouri State Alert System - January 8, 2020
- Safe Travel Tips - November 22, 2019
- Gas odor near Kentwood Hall - November 22, 2019