The Springfield Police Department is investigating a report of robbery that occurred on campus. The incident occurred at 1:20 a.m. on Sunday, December 8, on the lawn on the south east corner of Elm and Kimbrough. Two students were walking through the area, when a suspect appeared from an unknown direction and hit one of the students multiple times. A second suspect then displayed a firearm and demanded the student’s wallet. The victim and the other student fled east on Elm Street and reported the incident to a Springfield Police Officer driving on Elm Street. The suspects fled south on Kimbrough.
The first suspect is described as white male, in his 20’s, 6’2” tall, thin build, clean shaven, wearing black clothing, and a black baseball hat. The second suspect is described as a white male in his 20’s, 5’8” tall, thin build, wearing a black hoodie, thick eye brows, brown hair.
If you have any information concerning this incident, you are encouraged to contact the Springfield Police Department at (417) 864-1810 or 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
- Become familiar with the Bear Line Shuttle schedule. You can find more information at: https://www.missouristate.edu/transportation/bearline/.
- If you feel uncomfortable walking on campus, call for a safewalk. Learn more at: https://www.missouristate.edu/safety/safe-walk.htm.
- Travel well-lit, busy routes.
- When possible, travel in groups during hours of darkness.
- Be aware of your surroundings and alert to suspicious activity.
- If you see suspicious activity, contact Springfield Police at 9-1-1.
This notice is distributed in compliance with the “Timely Notice” provisions of the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998.