The Springfield Police Department is investigating a report of robbery that occurred on campus. The incident occurred at 9:35 p.m. on Monday, August 17, on the sidewalk outside of JQH Arena. A vehicle stopped on JQH Parkway, the suspect exited the passenger side of the vehicle, approached the two students, and took the victim’s belongings. The suspect returned to the vehicle, the vehicle headed south on JQH Parkway, turned around at the Plaster Student Union. And departed campus north bound on JQH Parkway. A weapon was not displayed.
The suspect is described as a black male, with short hair, wearing a black jacket with a white ‘V’ on the front, and long pants. The victims were unable to describe the driver of the vehicle. The vehicle is compact car, possibly a dark colored 1990’s model Pontiac Grand Am.
If you have any information concerning this incident, you are encouraged to contact the Springfield Police Department at 417-864-1810 or 9-1-1 for immediate assistance.
- Become familiar with the Bear Line Shuttle schedule. You can find more information at: https://www.missouristate.edu/transportation/bearline/.
- If you feel uncomfortable walking on campus, call for a safewalk. Learn more at: https://www.missouristate.edu/safety/safe-walk.htm.
- Travel well-lit, busy routes.
- When possible, travel in groups during hours of darkness.
- Be aware of your surroundings and alert to suspicious activity.
- If you see suspicious activity, contact Springfield Police at 9-1-1.