Happy February! January seemed like a year to me. I hope you all had a great start to your semester! Take a look at those syllabi and know what you need to get an A in your classes instead of scrambling at the end of the semester.
Student Government Association has been working hard at the start of the semester to continue to Elevate Mo State! SGA passed a resolution to support Chartwells and Missouri State Dining to become a Fair Trade school. Fair Trade ensures fair wages, a safe working environment, and environmental sustainability while also prohibiting forced labor of any kind.
SGA has a few events coming up in February;
- Monday, February 10th from 1 pm-4 pm: Bear Pantry Open House in PSU Ballroom East. Come have a chance to learn about the Bear Pantry and hear President Smart talk about this awesome service!
- Tuesday, February 11th at 7:30 pm: Mandatory meeting for those wanting to run for Student Body President, Vice President, and Senior Class President. You must have all of your ticket at the meeting. If you can’t make it or have any questions, email Jessica Olive at Olive1999@live.missouristate.edu
- Wednesday and Friday, February 12th and 14th: Consent Valentine’s Card event. Stop by the PSU and receive consent Valentine cards and candy!
- Thursday, February 13th: End It Movement Campaign. Stop by the PSU and get a red X mark on your hand to help start the conversation to end human trafficking.
- Wednesday, February 26th from 10 am to 6 pm: Dear World will be here on campus and you can share your story! This is a cool event to unite Missouri State and understand that we have so many more similarities than differences. Visit https://dearworld.com to learn more about this event.
On top of these events, we are continuing to work on what you want to see happen at Missouri State. We are pushing for a Multicultural Student Center, adding more counselors in the counseling center, bringing scooters to Springfield and Missouri State, and establishing a rideshare program that would give students free rides to get to places! Stay tuned for my monthly emails and blogs to keep updated with what is going on!
As always, please reach out to me with any questions, comments, or concerns at Abdillahi1997@live.missouristate.edu.