Dear Fellow Staff Members,
Staff Senate is now accepting nominations for terms beginning July 2021. Those elected will have the chance to serve Missouri State University while representing their specific Job Family for a three-year term. This is your opportunity to assist in advocating for continuous personal and professional development improvements by initiating or assisting in programs and changes that benefit staff.
Our responsibility to Missouri State University includes but is not limited to:
• Reviewing policies/procedures and offering recommendations regarding the interests of staff and non-faculty employees
• Assisting in the communication of issues and activities affecting staff members
• Serving as a liaison between the President and staff
• Promoting participation in the University community
• And encouraging a sense of community among all University employees.
The University encourages all employees to attend Senate meetings and participate in Senate activities. As this is an approved work-related activity, PTO is not required when attending meetings and events related to Staff Senate.
If you or someone you’d like to nominate are interested in filling a vacant senator seat and
• Have been a full-time staff member for at least one year
• Can commit to a three-year Senate term
• Can commit and attend up to two hours per month for meetings
• Can serve on at least one Staff Senate committee
send your nominations to StaffSenate@MissouriState.edu by April 15, 2021. Elections will take place after May 1, 2021.
The board encourages your involvement and the need for dedicated individuals with a diverse skill-set to advocate for staff. Would you like to get involved by lending your service and expertise to Staff Senate?
Staff Senate Executive Board
For more information about Staff Senate, please visit our website or contact us at StaffSenate@MissouriState.edu